Did you have a colicky baby and breastfed?

If you did, what did you change in your diet that helped the colic?

dayziesnrozes

Asked by dayziesnrozes at 2:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son had colic but I didn't breastfeed. We got this stuff from Babies R us called Gripe Water and gave him that before each feeding. It's completely natural and worked like a charm!
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Yes!!! I had to cut out cows milk, eggs, wheat, corn, soy, peanuts, fish, shellfish, nuts, citrus fruits, tomatoes and spices, strawberries and chocolate! Oh and not to mention Caffiene! The caffiene was the worst! It really sucked taking theses things out of my diet as I ate most of them on a regular basis, but I did it for the sole benefit of my daughter! After I cut out all of those things she was soooo much happier! Words couldn't even describe how I felt not having a colicky baby anymore!
    something_

Answer by something_ at 2:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• OMG. What did you eat if you cut all that out!?!
    So far, I cut out caffeine (yes, that hurts and I'm dying), cows milk (which sucks almost as much as caffeine) and sweets.
    I'm not sure I could go without wheat, corn, soy, peanuts, fish, tomatoes or strawberries. :( ugh lol
    dayziesnrozes

Comment by dayziesnrozes (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Caffeine and cow's milk
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• How long does it take for you to see results after giving up the caffeine and milk?
    dayziesnrozes

Comment by dayziesnrozes (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• It took about a week to really notice the changes. I ate alot of stuff, I just had to watch what I put in it & it took me like 5 times longer to shop so I could read all of the ingredients on the food labels..
    something_

Answer by something_ at 2:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Yes. Colic is mostly caused by a digestive tract which is simply not fully matured to the point where it needs to be. I gave my son Caraway Water (caraway seeds boiled in water, cooled & strained). Caraway is a natural "degasser" Nothing else worked - No diet changes, No changes in his feedings, nothing... The caraway was the closest we came to good.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2011