After surgery question...

I had surgery last tuesday (5th) and I can't keep anything down besides liquids. I've tried eating everything we have at the house, I'm not allowed to go anywhere in a car until monday but I'd like for my DH to pick me up something from the store so I can try to eat, but DH has no clue what to get for me!! I called my doctor & he said it's fine as long as I can keep myself hydrated. I keep getting lightheaded & have hunger pains really bad, but nothing will stay in my stomach for more than 5 minutes!?!?.. Has anyone else had this problem & what were you able to keep down??

something_

Asked by something_ at 2:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Health

• You've obviously had a very bad reaction to one or more of the anesthesia medications. This can take a good while to wear off sadly. Stay lying down as much as possible and ignore the hunger 'pains'. You'll feel better sooner if you allow your body to detox itself as quickly as possible. Fast on just water sipped very often (a tiny bit of fresh ginger can help nausea). Feel for you. Reactions to anesthesia are never pleasant. x
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 4:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Have you tried simple things like broth, jello, ice cream? Those are typically easy to keep down. Don't ask hubby to get you something greasy. Maybe some fresh fruit, like bananas, or watermelon.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Yes, I have jello sitting in the fridge, I've tried eating it 3x a day since I came home. Same with the ice cream. He already went out and bought a whole bunch of fresh fruit because that was what the doctor told him to get for me. I just can't stomach it for some reason. I have been able to drink broth though. It's not enough to supress the hunger pains though.
    something_

Comment by something_ (original poster) at 2:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I had a laproscopy (sp?) done for many reasons. I had a non tubal ectopic pregnancy (very dangerous & very rare), and had to get my appendix taken out, and they opened up my uterus to check for any problems (didn't find any thank god) and they opened up my bladder & discovered I have interstitial cystitis (sp?) which means bladder problems, they discovered I have a damaged bladder lining & there isn't much of anything they can do about that, that my insurance will cover that is..

But anyways I've tried toast, both wheat and white bread, and cracked wheat bread. I'm having such a hard time with this.
    something_

Comment by something_ (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2011