What would have you done? adult content

We took my daughter to the hospital last night because her fever kept going up. When we get there, there was a lady waiting to be taken to the emergency room to see who ever it was already getting treatment. Well the nurse said to the woman " Let me take them back first then I'll take you back." The woman had the nerve to say " So I have to WAIT over a CHILD?, She's not that damn IMPORTANT." I wanted to turn around and punch her in the mouth, but then would've delayed my daughter getting treatment. So I'm just curious if any one else would do anything different from how I handled the situation?

CrystaliSaMoM

Asked by CrystaliSaMoM at 2:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• What a jacka**
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 2:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I would have turned around and said, heck yes she is more important, she is a SICK child, you are here to visit someone. Get over yourself.

BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I don't have the trigger in my brain that filters my thoughts. Most people do. I will just say things without thinking or even realizing I have said it when I get angry and I probably would have started a fight in the ER waiting room. I would have felt horrible about the impact it had on my child later after I calmed down, but in the moment I wouldn't have thought of that. So I commend you for being able to hold your tongue and your fist. I think you did what was best in the situation so that your daughter was treated expediently and you were not involved in a harassment or assault case.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• what a b*tch i would have wanted 2 do the same thing! some people Have no repect & need 2 think before they speak!
    ciaras_mom_05

Answer by ciaras_mom_05 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I would have assumed she was a mental patient and let it go, I mean really you should feel worse for the medical staff who had to keept dealing. Hope your DD is feeling better.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I'm not sure what I would have done, but I sure would have been pissed at that bitch.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I would have made her look like and ass.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 2:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Let it go! She is not worth it! Is your child o.k?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• OMG...so she was even a visitor?! Not there for treatment herself?! Wow. I would have had to say something about patients being first over visitors.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Good for you! You were the more mature woman, and honestly, you did save a lot of delay. And nurses who see you acting mature and not causing them problems will get you in faster if they can.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2011