Do you pick anon as best answer if it's a simple question?

Maybe I'm just nit-picking, but anon answers on simple questions are a pet peeve. I generally don't pick them as best answer unless it's a sensitive, embarassing, or debatable topic where there is actually a reason to go anon.

Anyone else?

SamanthaAgain

Asked by SamanthaAgain at 12:25 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• if its a serious question, i would identify..how else are you gonna know if you got picked? its not like there's a pool of anon 'best answers' that anon can feel proud about. ...i like knowing when my answer gets picked.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:37 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I always go anon. I feel much more secure that way. Some people are so rude and I am not going to give them an in! And yes I have selected anon as best answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• if you want to be discriminatory based on anonymity, that's your choice to do so.

I pick the best answer based on it being the BEST answer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I guess I just want to give credit to the ones who want it. I love being picked for the best answer, and I'd imagine most people feel some sort of gratification for it. So I guess when it's a simple question, I'd rather thank someone publicly for their help.

If it's a sensitive or embarassing question, or something they might get bashed for, then I pick the best whether it's anon or not.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:34 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• you know, maybe people just want to help and don't care if they get publicly thanked. I didn't realize that cafemom was a popularity contest now. I thought the answers section was about helping others. You do not need to know who I am to be helped by me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Anon 12:38, defensive much? Calm down. It's not a popularity contest, just a question.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 9:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2008