Is it bad????

ok here is the deal. i am gonna have my ninth kid in late august. no i do not care to hear the jokes and all that about how many i have had. any way here is my question, not sure why i never asked before this. the first one i had was when i was 17 my water broke and i was in labor for 17 hours and 21 min. had a 9lb 2oz baby boy, he lives w his grand parents. in 2000 i had a girl she was induced, as was #3, my nine year old son my water broke all on its own and then labor stalled and they had to induce me so that is #4. #5 induced @40 weeks,#6induced at 40 weeks, #7 induced 38 weeks and four days, and #8 induced day after due date. i have never been told there is any reason medically for me to be induced. but they say that they will have to do the same. i am wondering why though??? i mean i know i should ask the docs but after that many inductions im just thinking they figure it will just be the same. should i be worried?? oh and sooooooo getting tubes tied after this one......

4g4b

Asked by 4g4b at 2:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• U have big babies that is why they induce!! It would be impossible and alot of strain for u and for baby to let baby get bigger! That is why they induce to avoid complications!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I would ask your dr if the reason they want to induce is because they assume they will have to with your history of inductions or if there is another underlying reason. Explain to him that there was never a reason given to you why you had to be induced and you would rather not (if this is your wish) if you don't have to.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 2:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• i agree ^.^
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 2:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• i read somewhere that if you have so many inductions your body will not go into labor naturally anymore.. I'm not sure if that is 100% true or not though.
    TheHappyChicken

Answer by TheHappyChicken at 2:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• No. They do not "have" to do the same.

It is just who you have hired for your maternity care.
    These interventions are for their convenience, unfortunately. Not for the health & safety of you/your baby.

Avoiding unnecessary risks (unnecessary interventions) is the Mom's job~ she has to decide what to consent to, or not.
    She will be offered many things possibly, she needs to know when to choose to intervene in a normal-healthy labor or not.

If you prefer a safer route you can decline these OFFERS to intervene.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I would for sure talk to my doctor...part of the reason could be that you have a history of having bigger babies. My son was over 9 lbs. and he was 4 weeks early so I have been told we will induce to prevent having such a large baby again because it put a lot of strain on my body...but to be sure as to why I would talk to the doctor.
    gmdani3009

Answer by gmdani3009 at 2:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Induction is very risky, and the risks with a "big" baby are small.
    When a mom adds issues (like lying down, using a medicalized approach to labor), then she is more likely to have problems birthing even a smaller baby.

When we weight risks with a "big" baby, a normal (non-intervened) birth is safer than inducing.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2011