I had a miscarriage on my birthday.

I had a miscarriage on my birthday. I dont know if I want to even celebrate my birthday anymore. I have a couple friends telling me dont because you cant celebrate losing your baby, then I have other friends telling me I can't let having a miscarriage ruin my life. It happened 5 months ago and I still cry and think about it. Some people just dont understand it changes your life forever. I dont think I could celebrate my birthday anymore. What do you guys think?

AF2011

Asked by AF2011 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• *HUGS*
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 2:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• That is totally your call. I would not make the decision now because you do not know how your will feel 7 months from now. I will say that I think it would be cruel to yourself to never celebrate your birthday again.

I too lost a baby. It was in January and it was horrid. I do not know that I will ever get over it but it does get easier as time goes on.
    Anonymous

• hugsI am so very sorry for the loss of your baby.   Please know that you are in my prayers. 

Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 2:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I think the fact it happened on your birthday was an unfortunate thing. Your birthday had nothing to do with it. It could have just as easily happened a day after or before. I completely understand that you are mourning your loss but the pain will lessen. By the time your birthday rolls around next year you could easily be pregnant again! You never forget the one you lost but you HAVE to move forward. For yourself, for your family and for your future children. They will all want to help you celebrate your birthday and letting them do so and enjoying it is not wrong. The pain will ease.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I am so sorry and I totally understand...as the days go by it will get easier, but don't decide today what you wil do in the future because you may feel totally different as each day goes by.
    gmdani3009

Answer by gmdani3009 at 2:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• HUGS !!!!
    puzzled216

Answer by puzzled216 at 2:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• im sorry for the loss of you baby * hugs * i understand how u feel.
    ciaras_mom_05

Answer by ciaras_mom_05 at 2:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I had a miscarriage on christmas that day I was all sad n deppress for the whole holiday I understand it feels terrible by the next year christmas I was able to enjoy but I took my time to pray for my baby n keep goin with my life n months after I got pregnant now my baby 7 months old n I still remember the lost but time will help u to keep goin on!
    LinaG02

Answer by LinaG02 at 2:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I am so sorry this happened, it can be devastating but you can't let it ruin the rest of your life, and this includes your birthday!

Answer by older at 2:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• there is a great group here in cafe mom called, "grieving the loss of a child" it is filled with ladies who understand exactly how you feel b/c they have been through it too. I lost a step dd earlier this year and joined it myself. Good luck to you and great big hugs
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2011