SCHOOL FOR MY 4 YEAR OLD.

My son will be 4 years next month and unfortunately will not be going to school this year. We recently moved from Queens where he was in a great school and due to commute reasons will not be going back. W e are now in the city where all the schools are full with no chance of getting in at all. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do. Someone told me of a program in Brooklyn, where parents get together and hire a teacher for the kids. Does anyone know of a similar thing in Manhattan? Please any suggestions will be welcomed

Registeredmom2

Asked by Registeredmom2 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• So sorry... What terrible luck. I don't know of a place or program other than a state funded pre-kindergarten via a daycare or possibly a church pre-kindergarten. In the mean time, if you need help teaching your little one letter identification skills and such, check out www.starfall.com. It is an excellent, FREE, child friendly website. It helps with early reading skills and such. Best of luck to you!
    Ash09855

Answer by Ash09855 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• So sorry... What terrible luck. I don't know of a place or program other than a state funded pre-kindergarten via a daycare or possibly a church pre-kindergarten. In the mean time, if you need help teaching your little one letter identification skills and such, check out www.starfall.com. It is an excellent, FREE, child friendly website. It helps with early reading skills and such. Good luck and God Bless
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:05 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• I don't know but here's a bump!
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 9:02 AM on Jul. 19, 2011