How long to wait to have a 2nd child?

Im marriage and I have a 7 month old baby boy im using birth control and my husband n I will like to have another baby, I was thinking until my son is atleast 4 years old but how long we should wait?

LinaG02

Asked by LinaG02 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I think 2 or 3 years is a good age gap. We wanted our first 2 close in age so they are 15 months apart. It has its advantages and disadvantages.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 3:05 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• It is recommended that you wait at least a year between pregnancies. My kids are 3.5 years apart and it works for us.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• 4+ years is the best for your sanity & you would be able to spend quality time with the baby since the older child would be in Preschool or kindergarten. I just had my second baby last week & my Son is 4 & is sooo helpful with the new baby plus he is more self sufficient at this age. He's a real big boy now & is proud to help mommy out. :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• im due in dec and my son will be 21 months when this one is born. i think about 2 yrs is good.
    lovinlilman

Answer by lovinlilman at 4:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Unilateral your body and you are ready.
    Amr515

Answer by Amr515 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• That is really a personal decision. Ours our 17 months, 19 months and 3 years a part and I like the closer together ages.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I waited 4 months its wonderful!
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 5:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• It's really up to what you guys are comfortable with. My kids are 4.5 years apart. Not by choice..just had a hard time getting pregnant the 2nd time. Our saying was once the 1st is being potty trained time to try for the next! That way your not paying for double the diapers!
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• all my kids are 3.5 years apart which is nice. The youngest was out of diapers, and able to help a little with their sibling, plus they had their own baby time, and they are close enough in age to play with each other. Also keep in mind that you do not want to much distance between them that you have to have teenagers for along time. My MIL had 5 years btwn my oldest sis in law and my husband and 11 years btwn his youngest. She said she felt like she had a moody teenager for 20 plus years.
    Quinn525

Answer by Quinn525 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• Its a personal decision, and you have to ask yourself:
    Can we afford anotehr one right now?
    Do I want themm close in age?
    Can I handle 2 children under 3?
    What are my plans for the future with my first child? Do you want to travel with LO before bringing in another one?
    How much attention do I want to be able to give my second? Waiting a little longer means one is in school and then you have time with the second one..
    For me and my SO, we are waiting until next winter to TTC #2. that way our DD will be 4 or 5 when teh new baby arrives, and that is what we want.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:24 PM on Jul. 13, 2011