How to tell my family I migth have cancer..

I just found out today that I got some abnormal test results and have to go through some more tests to confirm or rule out a diagnosis of colon cancer. My life is a mess. My husband has been a complete ass the last few weeks and I am so mad at him. Everyone I have asked for help has said they would do it and then bailed or acted like it was a major inconveinence. My own grandmother blew me off for a shopping spree with her sister when I needed her to ride to an appoinment 2 hours away with my 13 week old infant for his follow up post surgery. Then my girlfriend said she would do it and now she blew me off. cont

humaniterian87

Asked by humaniterian87 at 12:33 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• so on top of dealing with feeling like crap and possibly having cancer i have to take my infant to a clinic 2 hours away in the bitter cold for his follow up then wait 2 1/2 hours for his next follow up in the same town then drive back home. I'm not sure if I should wait until I have a positive diagnosis or if I should tell them now. Even though I am really disappointed in the friends and family who have been to busy to help me in my time of need I don't want them to feel guilty and I will be really upset if now that they know I'm sick they want to help. Does anyone have any ideas on how to approach this?
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:35 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• honestly, I'd wait until the results from further testing come in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• i am sorry hon, i would wait til all the results are back... good luck and ill be praying for you
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 12:38 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I would have to agree with Anon 11:36. A lot of tests come back abnormal and turn out to be perfectly fine. So yeah I would wait and find out what the diagnosis is for sure! Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Wait until you get a positive because you might not get one...Hopefully.
    Anonymous

• If it is colon cancer, I hope they've detected it quickly enough. I think at this moment I would rely on paid help to watch the baby while you get things done, and then talk to everyone when you have a firmer diagnosis.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:50 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I agree with everyone else. Just wait and you just take care of your baby. Im so sorry and Im praying that you and your family are all okay. Just keep yourself busy to try to keep your mind off of things. Good luck hun, youre in my prayers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• gdiamante- I wish I could rely on paid help :( We are a one in come family with a special needs infant who has racked up some serious expenses. Gas alone to his appointments is $200 a month
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:56 AM on Dec. 17, 2008