If your children are at the neighbors playing?

and one of them has to go to the potty do you prefer them to come home and use the bathroom and use the neighbors bathroom?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would leave that preference to them.

Answer by older at 3:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I don't see why it would matter unless they are really young and need help, in which case, they wouldn't be over there without me or an adult I trusted to help them in the first place.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 3:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• My kids have never played at the neighbors, we don't know them at all. But, hypothetically, I would prefer they just used them at their house rather than trying to hold it while they come home.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I don't care what they do. I keep telling them there is a bush out back but they keep insisting on using the toilets.

/kidding
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• just go to the one closest to them
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Depends on if I know the adult well enough to allow my child in there home... Like Ds has a boy who he goes to play at his house across the street. He has never been in there house and I only know the mother so in that case (as of yet) I prefer he come home- though honestly he is rarely there alone.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Wouldnt matter to me either way

Answer by gemgem at 3:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Mine always come home because the only kid they play with is next door and they are weird about their toilets.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I agree with Kword, my kid's didn't start visiting neighbors and playing over there until they were old enough to use the bathroom by themselves though there is only one neighbor they visit that isn't family - my aunt lives a few houses up from me and her ex lives a few houses down, my cousin and his fiancee live one house over...so it was never really a problem.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 4:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Come home!
    This *is* the policy around here...
    They play outside together~
    The kids are nice, fine.
    Their homes, adults... not fine.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2011