I'm helping my Mom try to find info on her birthmom

But since it was so long ago and very closed I have no idea where to start. We have zero information on her birth parents and she was 3 days old when the adoption started.
What we do have is that she was born Nov 20 1961 Salt Lake City,Utah and that her adoption was done through the Relief Society. I know that with how long it's been there is a possibility that she's dead but even if we could just get small information it would be great.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 3:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Adoption

• bump
    esmith1984

Answer by esmith1984 at 3:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Thanks for keeping it active I guess it's kind of a tough case.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Have tried doing a search on google, bing or other search engines to see what groups are out there that specialize in helping unite adoptees with their birth parents?
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Have you ever watched that show Searching For... with Pam Slaton?

I would contact her.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Library, search Births for that day or closely surrounding days. The Birthday may not be a true date, thus searching for surrounding days. Look specifically for "girls" born that day. I assume you have already searched Relief Society, along with all affiliated agencies for that time period and also surrounding towns/cities? Please consider going to the Birthmoms group here on CM., they have some wonderful resources as well as our very own "search angel'. Good Luck, a bit of persistence and a whole lot of patience will get you further than you know. NEVER give up,CJ~
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I was wondering if the date was right because the paper that the doctor signed says the 2nd instead of the 20th but I assumed that it might have been a clerical error.
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 3:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Do you know which ward her parents were part of?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Nope we know nothing except that she was born at saint marks
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I would apply to the agency for non-ID information if you can. Someitmes there are clues there like how old they were, what they did for a living or if they were in school, that kind of information sometimes can get you started. You could also try running an ad in the newspaper there-people do still do that. You have a doctor's signature? It is possible s/he may still be around and might help-worth a try.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Tought of another group that may be helpful here on CM...Adoption Search Resource List:) Do as confused has suggested, it is wise to get the non-id info as soon as you can:) Good Luck,CJ~
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 7:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2011