So embarressed...

I can't believe him... so we went to church today and it felt like I was taking care of two children my husband and my child.... what totally made me mad was the fact that he didn't have the decency to be respectful when they were praying. he kept trying to strike up a conversation then he played with dd foot i kept trying to take his hand away and to relax finally i told him to be respectful then lastly he stepped on mine really hard and squeezed my hand super tight. when I pushed him off cause it hurt he yelled at me! in front of everyone... which caused dd for start screaming worse. I have never been so embarresed in my life I picked up my things and just walked right out of the sermon and we came home still haven't talked to him since. I don't know what to say to him right now I'm just so mad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• dh did all this? I would leave his a$$ at home next time!
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• That sounds super disrespectful. I would tell him that if he doesn't want to go, he doesn't have to, and I would go alone from now on if you choose to. Sounds like he's acting like a little rebellious child. Why did he even go in the first place if he just wanted to act like a jerkface? Does your church have nursery available for your little one. Mine does, and we love the women who run the nursery. My girls have so much fun playing with their "friends" while I attend a quiet, peaceful service free from crying children and disrespectful husbands. (My dh doesn't like going, so he stays home and has quiet time while the girls and I go.)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 3:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• i kept trying to take his hand away and to relax finally i told him to be respectful
    ......................
    I can see what drove you to do this but it must have felt pretty patronising and embarrassing for him all the same. He's your hubby and annoying or not you'll get more out of him if you do your darnest to be respectful 24/7. Men thrive on it!
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 3:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• He sounds very immature. I'd think twice about staying with him if he can't even attend church and be civil. But he's otherwise good in other ways, maybe he has ADD. Perhaps leave him at home or let him wait in the church's nursery area (if there is one) so he can watch the kids and you can enjoy your church service. You can't make him enjoy church but he should at least be respectful if he knows you want him there.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 3:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• =[ sorry you had to deal with that. ♥
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 3:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• That sounds awful!!! He should be ashamed! You go to church on Saturday?
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• From the behavior you described, it sounds like he's about 10 yrs old.
    quietmomma

Answer by quietmomma at 10:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• He was diagnosed with high functioning autism. As a child. But he was always so good at controling it. For the first year we were together I didn't even know anything was wrong with him. We have been together four years now and married for two and it just seems like it is getting worse. Like he is going backwards.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:29 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• it happens to me too. just talk and repeat the same info at home
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2011