do you want your gifts early or wait till xmas morning?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Holidays

• I want my gifts early and spend the morning capturing my childs fun and excitment.
    mommymomo07

Answer by mommymomo07 at 12:41 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I got one early :) it was a stand mixer :) how else could I make cookies without it? but the rest I'm totally willing to wait for!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• if i was getting any i would want them early so i can take pic of my son opening his... but im not getting any cause we dont have any money and i spent the little we do have on getting my son something
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• We have always done our "christmas" at home on christmas eve. I think the tradition started becuase of my grandpa. Back in Guatemala ( Where I was born and raised till I was 2 ) He and many of my family would make 100's of baskets with everything you need for a christmas dinner and go to the poor areas of the country and pass them out to homeless familys. We would do that on christmas day so we never had the time to open presents unless we did it Christmas eve. =)
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 12:47 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Well...seeing as my only gift this year is the birth of my daughter, I'd most certainly rather have her here NOW than on Christmas Day =] I don't want a Christmas baby, sorry.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:48 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• DH and I give each other our gifts early. We open gifts with family on both Christmas Eve and Christmas day. My family does everything Christmas Eve, his does everything Christmas Day. It works out perfectly, so we don't have to choose what family to spend the holidays with.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:08 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Christmas morning - I love the element of surprise.

Hubby and I have this joke between us for many years - he wraps my gifts and then wraps them with duct tape. See, I jokingly told him that I'm an expert gift unwrapper and rewrapper so no one EVER knows I've peeked at a gift before Christmas. He was so upset about it that he has challenged me every year. Every year I've been able to perform my "skill" without his knowledge and he finally got so mad that he started to duct tape the gifts....LOL. Of course, in my old age, where there are so few surprises, I just tease him about it and wait patiently for Christmas day to open my gifts properly.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:17 AM on Dec. 22, 2008