I need budget friendly meals

So I have four kids 10-15 and I would love to cook meals that are EXTREMELY HEALTHY with low cost. You would think at 38 I would've figured that out,but I haven't. My mother always struggled to cook meals for our family as well,and they were extremely unhealthy and left us all feeling tired and grumpy. Sometimes she did a good job but my mom just wasn't the prime example in the cooking department. I need to make my money stretch! I would love any mommas that can lend me some of their homeade recipes that make you feel healthy,and full of energy. I would like to start eating more beans and start eating lentils,hopefully my family will like them (lentils) I have never introduced them to it. I would like to avoid hamburger,and anything that has pork. And prefer very little to no cheese. Also limit dairy because the majority of my kids have allergies (hayefever) and dairy makes things worse. Thank You ♥

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 3:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I love using a lot of chicken breast for meals. Chicken and rice with steamed veggies. Sorry I don't have a more specific recipe at the moment, but here is a website that could be helpful:

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/cheap_easy_chicken_recipes
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 3:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• BUMP
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• This is going to look like an ad, and in some ways it is, but this is how I have been able to start going healthy with our diets...

I am with a company called Wildtree. All the products are MSG, Food Dye, Preservative & Additive Free. And the best part is MOST of what I have tried has been cheaper (per use) than what I could by in the store. I suggest you go through the recipies on the site, and then take a look at the products needed or look at the product ingredients (cause they are all listed) and make your own version. It's been a great help for me.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• thanks sabrina,, will look it over.
    MarGeee

Comment by MarGeee (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2011