When you make your grocery list, do you look through newspaper adds to find the best deals? Do you organize your list by store then by aisle?

LOL. I must be crazy. (Well I AM a little OCD) I have to make lists for everything. When I make my grocery lists, I go through the paper and find good deals, sort my list by store, then organize my list by categories such as: produce, meats, dairy, etc.

Anyone else do this or am I a little obsessive? LOL

Kword

Asked by Kword at 3:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Shopping

• I go through my weekly kroger ad since only place I shop to see what is on sale that I can not miss. I then add the items I need that I am out of. Then I make my list with the way the store is set up, then in the column beside that item I put a c with a circle around it to make sure I use my coupon for that item. I even get on the computer and find an printable or download to card.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Yes but not as extreme : ) You are a good shopper & organized.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I think you have to be obsessive this day in age,,don't ya think?
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 3:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I make a list, and I organize it by dairy, poultry, fruits/veggies, etc.... just so I know which area of the store I need to hit first. Makes it less back and fourth, here and there :) You just get in and out much quicker! :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 3:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• That is what I do too!!! ;-)
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 3:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I go online and check the local grocery flyers. I don't buy newspapers. The online sites create a grocery list for you. I just print them and go

Answer by admckenzie at 3:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I only shop at one store, but I do organize by aisle
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• i organize by aisle also
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 4:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I go through the ad and write down the deals and put a star next to the items I have a coupon for and I go buy aisle when writing my list. It makes the trip faster and easier
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 4:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• You're not the only one, Momma! I'm the same way. I make lists for each store, categorized by each store-section, and in order for the way we always walk around the store. I DO have OCD, and that's just one of my many quirks. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2011