Betta vs. Cory Catfish help!!!!

I just recently posted a question about my one eyed betta fish.. (btw thankyou very much for all the answers!) i now face another problem. In my 10 gal. fish tank that i had mentioned in my last question, lives my cory catfish, my moor goldfish and my tiny tigersnail. I am very upset that my oldestfish( moor/black goldfish) is now on his way to passing! As sad as that is my second oldest fish(my female tiny betta) is still happy and content.. now i had read more than once that female betta are MUCH calmer than male bettas.. i also understand that it depends on the bettas personality. I am confident that if she is to be mean it would not be of fault to her personality, more of the fact that she is a BETTA :) My question is when my goldfish dies and i do proper water changes, could i put her into a tank of harmless animals(my corycat and snail). She is half the size of the cory( and his mouth is of no concearn either) and just a tad bit bigger than my snail.. I would love to get her out of that bowl and into my tank!! HELP PLEASE!!!

thisunderwood

Asked by thisunderwood at 3:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Pets

• You can put them in with your other fish they just for some odd reason don't seem to live as long the few times I tried it
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• It sounds like several of your fish are experiencing a lot of stress and I'm not sure if it's due to water changes. You don't really need to do frequent water changes. Are you using stress coat on them? I think beta fish should be kept separate as they are more passive fish that are more fragile than most. I would call up a pet store and ask them as I'm sure they would know more and it's free to ask.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 4:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• My Betta killed my cory. I ended up having to get a placo and it never bothers it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Male bettas in particular do not like other pretty fish or fish that have large fins. I have never heard the females have that aggression issue though. I think the betta would be fin personally.
    Rauzy

Answer by Rauzy at 3:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Thankyou all for your awesome advice! but as it turns out, bettas reeeally dont like moving water (water filters) and i was advized to keep her in a bowl. She would prefer it.. ha anf=d if i wanted to provide her with more room, to just buy her a bigger bowl! haha betta fish are officially the easiest fish to care for in my opinion :D
    thisunderwood

Comment by thisunderwood (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2011