Ipod or netbook for a child

I am already planning for xmas....I am a single mom so have to think and shop early to get best deals. My child always wants to get on my laptop to play games (webkinz etc.). She always plays her uncles ipod touch and likes it alot. what one would be better ipod touch or netbook? She already has a dsi xl so would an ipod be to much alike a dsi?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't know what a dsi is like, so I don't know if its like an ipod, but I would choose ipod over netbook. It also depends on the age of the child.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 4:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• This would highly depend on age...An I-touch may be more durable than a netbook but the i-touch is more easily lost....
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• and an I-touch is going to be nothing like a DSI. It will however cost you more. You will have to be careful of setting to make sure your child isn't spending your real money in games.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• she is 6
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• At 6 you may want to consider an iPad over an iPod. It is kind of like a cross between an iPod Touch and a laptop.
    blueberry1

Answer by blueberry1 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• See my son is almost 7 and he enjoys playing with DH i-touch(technically a first run i-phone with no service). It has a lot of little games on it and we got the rubber protector for it so it is fairly durable. You can down load games for anything form free to $10. Almost everything on ours is free. We may have paid .99 for 2-3 games on it. It is multi-touch so the games are way different than a Game boy 'touch' screen. Either one I would make a 'supervision only' toy. They are not made to really hold up to kids in the long run. DS has destroyed 3 cords for the -iphone (not to bad) and has cracked the screen on MIL's laptop (eek!). Anyway just do a good bit of research and get to know your options.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I-Pad my 6yo has it and loves it there is wonderful educational apps for it.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• very interesting. my ds is turning 8 in a few weeks and has the dsLX for games, its just a game boy made all fancy. Nothing like an ipod or ipad. we home school so something that has educational apps and games would be awesome, it would double as a study aid! You may want to consider that, something not purely for fun would be good for her.
    Eko

Answer by Eko at 5:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• do NOT get a netbook. i had 2 in the last months and both are now busted, they got hot and the internal screens cracked on both. it cost just as much as the netbook to replace the screens. I would got for a lap top or Ipad if they want a portable computer.
    otherwise an Ipod is a good choice.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• **last 6 month
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 7:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2011