Would you buy a used mattress set froma estate sale or yard sale?

Hubby and I are having a estate sale maybe andwanted to know if you would be or anyone you know woudl buy mattress sets fromothat kind of sale. the mattresses are in great shape and look new at least two sets do.
I said not to sle them he said sale them what doyou think?

dae43123

Asked by dae43123 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Shopping

• bed bugs eek lol no i wouldnt even if i knew the person, but some else might people will buy anything =) i'm having a yard sale right now ha
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I would not buy a mattress from a yard sale!
    blueberry1

Answer by blueberry1 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• well i can go both ways on that.. if i NEED one and i dont have money then i would if it was in good shape.. i would have to clean the hell out of it first. with a lot of bleach. But if i had the money to get a new one i would prob go with the new one
    Anonymous

• May as well try right? Some one may buy it...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I personally would Not buy a used mattress, but you can always put it out there. You never know, someone might desperatly need one on the cheap.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• In years past we have been so broke we had to buy a reconditioned mattress. It had been recovered, springs tightened and then sanitized and sealed in a bag. That is the only second hand mattress I would buy. Too much risk from bedbugs, mites or lice.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• We sold my dad's through craigslist. Then again, he bought it in August and died in November and it was still in the plastic. Make sure there are no stains or signs of bedbugs.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• No. I wouldn't buy anything upholstered used.

Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 4:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• No I wouldn't. I would buy the frame, head and foot board. But not the mattress.

Answer by louise2 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• No I wouldn't!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 5:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2011