I think I know how God feels.....when it comes to adult children

alot people seek God out in a time of need but don't bother to make any contact any other time.

same with adult children alot of the time.
They come around in their time of need but any other time they don't bother with us.

Yet when they do we are overcome with love and Joy and help them out with whatever they need...even though we know very well we won't hear from them until they want us again

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I know exactly what you mean.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 4:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• good comparrison
    Cenedra64

Answer by Cenedra64 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• WOW!  There is no god in my family and we have always been a close knit clan.  No drama, no bitching, no backstabbing.  I have visited my parents numerous times since I left home simply because I love them and I've never asked them for anything.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Agree with Cenedra64.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 4:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I've actually found the opposite to be true. My father can't be bothered with me until he needs something
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 4:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• My adult children are very much a part of us in time of need or not.....

Answer by older at 5:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• well Im sure she isnt saying every family/child in the world is like this ...... its a generalization, in that it happens often enough that many people can relate (as evidenced by the responses).
    I would think that the parent/child relationship before adulthood and them leaving home would dictate what it will be like later after they've left the nest. Were you (general you) two close before? Did you spend time together before?
    My children are the loves of my life and my world. But after they left home, one has made every effort to stay close and do things together. The other seems to be comfortable only getting together on holidays, occassions, events, etc. I dont push him, though I would love to see him much more.
    Momluv269

Answer by Momluv269 at 6:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I don't know what that feels like as far as family but I have friends that do that and I am cutting them lose. Its a waste of energy.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 6:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• That's kind of sad :(

Sparrow24

Answer by Sparrow24 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• That's sad. Thankfully not my situation. I call and visit my parents (divorced) quite often. I hope my son is the same way when he is grown.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 9, 2011