When your kid wants to have a sleep over at their friends' house, what info do u have to know about the parents in order for u to approve the sleepover ?

on phone

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would actually want to personally know the parents before I take my kids over there. I would go there and sit down and meet them.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I see no reason for a sleep over.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Exactly. I would HAVE to know the family. I would want to meet everyone who will be in the house, each child and each child's family. If I didn't like one of the kids behaviors or their family just didn't feel right he wouldn't be going. But my son has just turned 8 and is a bit young to be over night I think.
    Eko

Answer by Eko at 5:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• depending on how old the child is but I probably wouldnt allow it. If I was thinking about it only if I knew the parents very very well and that for a long time.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 5:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Our kids don't do sleepovers, but if I were to allow it, I would have to know the parents personally. I would need to know what kind of pets they have (I don't trust dogs and my son is horribly allergic to cats) and also if they own a gun.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I talk to the parents on the phone to make arrangements. Though I don't always know the parents personally they are kids my son has gone to school with for the past 4 years.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2011