What to do?more of a vent really

we live n a trailor me and dh,and it is hot in there were trying to keep as cool as we can but we may have to move,the central ac is going out and our landlord isnt doing much about it but putting a window unit in which only cools the living rm area and were having to sleep in there at night any cooling tips are welcomed, trying to find a place to move our dogs with us.

luckygirl2000

Asked by luckygirl2000 at 5:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Opening all the windows and running ceiling fans will help also any other fans you may have. My mom and step dad currently live with me in an apartment in my garage and thier ac went out and fans and open windows keeps it fairly cool in there due to air circulation
    Bhayes91

Answer by Bhayes91 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Besides air circulation, if you can put towels or awnings over the windows on the outside to block the sunlight from shinning inside, that really helps. If you can run a de-humidifier, that helps too - but that will cost around $120 to buy, then the electricity to run, which is less than running an air conditioner. The humidity in hot air is what really affects us. If you lower the humidity, it doesn't "feel" as hot. I was in Arizona working one summer, when the temps were over 100 degrees, and although I HATE HEAT, it didn't bother me. You can buy one of those little spray bottles with fans on them. You lightly mist your body then hold the fan. Although I just said that humidity makes you feel hot, as the water on your skin evaporates, it cools you. GOod luck, and I hope you can move. Also, drink cold beverages, not hot. When I drink hot coffee, I'm always too hot.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 5:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• If having central ac is in the lease then he has to replace it. Contact your local tenants right agency. Other than that keep lots of water around (no kool-aid/minimal juice) get some fans and keep your windows open.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• thanks everybody he has fixed the ac but its not insulated as well as we thought it was its just really frustrating i reallly appreciate all the tips and will probly use some of them.
    luckygirl2000

Comment by luckygirl2000 (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I definitely agree with a dehumidifier. That is a big part of what a good central air unit will do anyway.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I am glad that you got your air fixed.
    bether89

Answer by bether89 at 10:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• FANS AND DRINK WATER, LOOK FOR ANOTHER PLACE TO LIVE.
    wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 11:28 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• keep the curtains closed during peak heating hours helps too
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Cool rags on your neck
    JHanc968

Answer by JHanc968 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• ive been doing all of the above, were looking for a new place to move into.thought we found one yesterday but we need a fridge and stove and just dont have that k inda money, any prayers or good bvibes to me and dh would mean a lot right now.
    luckygirl2000

Comment by luckygirl2000 (original poster) at 5:26 PM on Jul. 10, 2011