im 38 weeks pregant and my house needs to bomb for insects and fleas would it bother me if i leave for the night and come back to my house the next morning

tinygirl336

Asked by tinygirl336 at 5:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• not to sure i would call your ob just to make sure
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I think you should leave and spend the night somewhere else. At this stage of pregnancy, your baby is not as vulnerable to poisons as he/she was earlier in your pregnancy, it's not likely to cause birth defects, but it is still toxic. I'd go somewhere else, it's only one night.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 5:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Wow! No way, even if you weren't pregnant. Bombing is the absolute worse idea. You have to cover all your electronics, cover your dishes, then tape the cupboards and fridge shut. Your clothes need to be bagged up, any toys you have need to be removed from the house. This is possibly the worse time You could decide to do this! It took dh and I 2 days of cleaning and we finally called someone professional to shampoo the carpets, wash down the walls... Yea it's that bad. I could smell the chemicals when I would sit down. If you have the nursery set up, think of all the chemicals that would be soaking into your child's blankets, stuffed toys, clothes...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I would ask your doctor
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• when i was pregnant we were infested with fleas. i had to bomb my house. i got the no mess bombs and let them off and left my house for 4 hours. either have someone else go in and open windows to air out for and hour before you enter, or like i did, cover your mouth and nose with a wet towel, or shirt, or something. you'll be fine if youre not sitting in there in it, and if you just go in to open windows an leave again.
    LoveMyLos

Answer by LoveMyLos at 5:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I'd give it more than one night.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Yeah, I wouldn't stay at the house while it's being bombed, best to go find a place to stay until everything is all right.
    TashaStar81

Answer by TashaStar81 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2011