CYSTS

Hey ladies, its me.. again, lol. Well i wrote the other day that i was late on my period and i still am. i took 3 home pregnancy tests and all were negative i bought all types from cheap to expensive. well today i woke up in god awful pain and my side of my tummy is swollen. i dont know what it is.. just alot of pain in my right ovary. I fear it is a cyst.. does anyone know how to get rid of them. hospitals seem to not know what to do with me. and i dont like me a guina pig to their experiments. so if there is any home remedy or anything yall know of plz tell me. Cysts are common in my family but this is my first.

Meghan6391

Asked by Meghan6391 at 5:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Health

• I've only had an ovarian cyst once. It resolved itself. By the time I saw my doctor a few days later for an ultrasound, they could see where it had ruptured, and the fluid was going away.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• so if it pops it wont hurt??? i was talking to my mom about it and i was in tears.. she was telling me to get in the tub blah blah blah.. i asked if punching it would help she told me no. lol its so painful
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 5:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Did u see a doctor?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• cysts resolve themselves, I got them every month. If you start vomitting, go to ER to make sure it's not your appendix
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Ovarian cysts are VERY common, and nearly all women have them, although not everyone suffers with them. Most cysts are benign (not cancerous) and pass on their own. Sometimes they are swollen and painful and may require surgery. My daughter once was in such pain that the dr thought she was having appendicitis attack. He went in and removed a healthy appendix, and decided later she must have had an ovarian cyst. You can reduce your risk of getting cysts by going on the pill, as that stops you from producing an egg, which is the major cause of cysts, but the pill brings other health issues. Also, cysts are more common if you have hypothyroid, or a hormone imbalance, or are "larger" up top, or started menstruating at a younger age. There is a VERY informative article about ovarian cysts at web MD: http://www.emedicinehealth.com/ovarian_cysts/article_em.htm
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 5:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Right. I was in horrible pain up to the point when it burst (I assume) and then the pain eased off to a bruised aching feeling. The sharp pains were gone.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Me and the husband are trying to conceive agian. we want our lil man to have a sibling so the pill cant work. i was on the iud back when i had my son (well a month later) had it removed for bleeding non stop and heavy for 5 months. they put me on the shot.. ( i got one shot a yr ago now) and it ate my uterus wall reallllly badly.. docs said im healthy now and that i can try agian.. and i start getting cysts..

when u say larger up top do you mean big chested... if so this is so not fair.. grrr boobies
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I had an ovarian cyst that was the size of a golf ball and went in to my doctor and they had me in surgery two days later. I would get it checked out just in case you don't want it to get worse
    alcia_08

Answer by alcia_08 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• im going monday to my doc. so far i cant wear my jeans at all... and ive lost 25 lbs lately and was so happy to be back in b4 baby clothes after 2 yrs of busting my bum to get there. and now all i can fit in are my maternity pants... and its only my right side swollen out. this isnt fun.
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• yes i would say get it check even maybe the er that sounds horrible hope you feel better soon
    alcia_08

Answer by alcia_08 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2011