1st Birthday!!

My daughter will be 1 in September! Anyone have any cute ideas for a girls first birthday??

Shelby_P

Asked by Shelby_P at 5:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I love the Mod Monkey 1st birthday party theme. They have it in both pink and blue. Super cute!
    maxava

Answer by maxava at 5:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Thanks that is a really good idea because my daughter loves monkeys
    Shelby_P

Comment by Shelby_P (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• One year olds do not need a "party" with friends over. They are too little to remember, and may feel lost in the crowd. Just keep it small. On her birthday, keep to her regular schedule as much as possible- don't schedule the "party" when she would take a nap. Somewhere I read that a rule of thumb is to invite one friend for every year of age the child is, so one friend for a one-year-old, four friends for a four-year-old. Not sure I'd agree, as I surely didn't want a houseful of teenagers when my kids turned eighteen! Also, as far as gifts go, most parents go overboard. One or two sweet little things is enough. Too many toys is overwhelming for the child, and can leave them tearful and obnoxious. If you want to "go overboard", get something she'll play with for a long, long time. Like a swing set or a sandbox.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 5:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I had a party for my twins first birthday last september, so i disagree with lorelei sieja. it was a lot of fun to have my whole support group together so i could show off my boys and just spend sometime together. we didn't do much, just played with the boys and watched the other kids play. a few people brought gifts but not everyone- which was totally fine by me.
    then we had cake and cookies
    it wasn't anything huge but it WAS fun to spend time with everyone.
    i had out their baby books and some picture albums so share with everyone and i had a slide show on the TV of pictures of them.
    we had games planned but never got to them, they were just about people guessing when their firsts were like first step first crawling first food etc kinda like babyshower games, but yeah
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 5:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• as for a theme, i like what the first mom mentioned, that sounds really cute. (we did mickey mouse because i have boys) but my sister in law is having a princess theme for my nieces first birthday this september!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 6:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• We did my daughters in " look who's turning 1" with owls. I immediately fell in love with theme.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• go to 1stwishs.com
    jeannette8788

Answer by jeannette8788 at 6:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• we did our DD 1st bday our the zoo,til this day she talks about the animals she will be 3 in sept
    Chelhaidax

Answer by Chelhaidax at 12:17 AM on Jul. 10, 2011