Exercises for those with 'no time' (Like me!)

Have you heard of these? I had not a friend of mine was telling me about it and I am going to start!
1)Vacuum lunges - push the vacuum way ahead of you going down on each knee (not all the way to the floor) coming up when you pull the vacuum towards you alternating legs as you go
2)carry grocery bags to the living room- carry items to the kitchen two by two lifting them over your head as you walk to out it way (for added benefit tighten you tummy as you walk)
3)laundry squats stand to fold your towels- squat to pick one up fold it the squat to set it in the pile
4)dishes dance- as you wash dishes turn the music on and move your hips to the beat
5) dish washer squats and lifts- when loading squat when unloading squat and carry the dishes only a couple at a time above your head to put away.
6) Commercial hop- during the commercials stand and hop in place ( a good 3 min cardio break!- GREAT to get the kids doing!!)
7)Laundry twist- as you put your clothes into the washer put the basket so you have to twist to get them in. The faster you twist the better. form the washer to the dryer twist adn shake out the wet clothes before bending to put them in!
8)back step- any time (you can) going up the stairs in your house go up 2 down one until you reach the top. with practice this can get quick.
9)brush your teeth step ups. Put a stool in front of the mirror and do some steps while you brush. This works for hair as well
10) mopping sweeping raking gardening ALL count as well.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I would say be careful with the grocery one if things arent evenly weighted you could do a lot of damage to your joints, but otherwise they sounds great!! I use leslie sansone workout dvds first thing in the morning and when my daughter naps.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 5:57 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Ive done some of those..
    Working out during TV period is a good one. If you have time to watch any type of tv- that is time to workout!
    I make the most of doing dishes & even while cooking dinner you can do squats or push ups from the counter.
    Any time your on the phone- stand up & walk around!
    When shopping park farther away from the store. Skip elevators. when possible try taking 2 stair steps at a time.
    When walking around the house (wouldnt do this in public lol) tighten butt muscles as you walk.
    Walk upright shoulders back & tighten belly (good anytime).
    When sitting at a desk cross legs & squeeze thighs together. Or put legs flat on floor and lift the balls of your feet for calf workouts.
    The more movement you get in a day. the better. :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 10, 2011