Whats one thing about you and/or your past that would shock people?

i would have to say that when telling people im a farm girl at heart, their jaws drop. my parents owned a farm until I was 6 years old. then after that I spent the summers at my aunt's on my mom's side or uncle's on my dad's side. I did a lot of farm work and loved it.
Im now far from the farm girl" type". I HATE country music, I have several piercings and tattoos, often have pink or purple stripes in my hair, and i would say my style of clothes would be punk or goth. all that a side i would give about anything to be able to spend a day on a farm doing some chores

gothmama91

Asked by gothmama91 at 5:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Lol, I'm quite the opposite op! I hated farming and outdoorsy stuff, I was a clubbing, tongue pierced, hair dyed, punk music loving kinda gal. Now....I'm a mom of 2, listen to klove Christian music, chicken and pig raiser! Lol...
    addynbellasmom

Answer by addynbellasmom at 6:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• :o) I was in the military and i am an expert in grenades. I tell very few people.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 6:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I was wild in my late teens/early twenties. If it was risky or fun, I did it, lol. Now I'm a fairly conservative sahm and housewife. To most people, my life is pretty boring, but ya know what? I love it. I got everything "out of my system" before I became a mother, thank God. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I was a crazy, risk-loving party girl in my late teens and early twenties. Back then I was fearless and I'm glad I made it out unscathed. Now I am a somewhat conservative SAHM to two little ones. Most of the people that know me now have no idea of my past and would probably be shocked at some of my exploits in my youth. I'm glad to see there are at least a couple more like me answering this question so far!
    maxava

Answer by maxava at 6:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Um.... a few things but none are actually shocking I don't think.... most interesting is that I paid for myself to go to Europe at 16 with babysitting money I had saved.

Otherwise... I think if you saw how hardcore religious I was growing up, and you knew how passionately atheist I am today, you'd be surprised... I LOVED church. My parents didn't have to force me or anything like that, it was ALL me and I was also extremely politically conservative and now I am pretty liberal, feminist, pro-choice, etc. It was a HUGE turn around.

Blue_Spiral

Answer by Blue_Spiral at 6:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I was quiet shy and had a speech impediment. People who know me know would have never guessed. Also I am a natural blonde. I was born blonde and it stayed blonde till I was got pregnant with my DD at 19.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I was pregnant as a surrogate mother in 2005.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 6:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I was raised in a remote area of Ontario Canada, accessible only by air or boat (snowmobile in the winter) without electricity or indoor plumbing. I detest camping and am throughly a city girl now.. although I'm stuck in a small town now... :)
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Growing up I used to get pushed around, called horrible names in school, never stood out of the crowd, never wore make up and was just plain shy and conservative. Now, I am a loud mouth type of woman that NEVER gets pushed around and have no problems speaking my mind, no matter how bad it hurts, but still am conservative as far as my clothes. People from high school never remember who I am because I am so different
    flessard

Answer by flessard at 6:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Looking at my fat ass at the moment, people would be surprised that I have battled eating disorders my entire life (just gave birth, those who have known me for life and have seen me at my worst obviously wouldn't be surprised).
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2011