How do I get my three year old to use the potty consistantly?

I have tired everything, and we have some good days then all of a sudden nothing. HELP!

ckennemer

Asked by ckennemer at 5:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You just have to keep at it. Keep telling him to go, DON'T ASK.
    At 4, my DD still has days that she will get so busy and think that she can hold it longer than she actually can. you have to remember that they are learning things all the time and they get distracted.
    Also, we forget that they are still little kids and don't yet have the responsibility to remember to go on their own.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I'm having the SAME issue with my 3yr old!! It's so exhausting!!
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• i would tell my daughter i would give her a fake tatoo everytime she went potty that helped alot then when she started to go more i would give her a candy bar if she used the potty the whole day it worked she is now going to the potty by herself and almost never has an accident
    jayleelovemommy

Answer by jayleelovemommy at 12:34 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• honestly it really depends on the child.. i tried so many different things... what finally worked was me telling my daughter that she gets a quater everytime she goes potty. after that weekend she never went potty in her pull-up again. I also tried stickers which worked for a total of three days.. also when she was around kids like a year older that were potty trained she wanted to be like them. also everytime you go to the bathroom make her go to... even if she says no she dont have to go put her on the potty and make her sit there for a minute. you may see progress also her being a child do it a few times inbetween you having to goi as well. and praise her when she does go and if she tries tell her ok good try maybe next time youll go on the potty. i guess what i mean is use encouraging words that make her feel like a big girl and that make her feel important like shes doing something right... After all she is....
    P3anut

Answer by P3anut at 3:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• just stay consistent and remind her every hour if needed
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:03 AM on Jul. 11, 2011