What kind of laptop do you have?

Do you know the specs of it? Where did you buy it from?

I'm in the market for a new laptop. I have no problem with using Windows 7 (it's preferred, actually). I'd love to have a bigger screen. It seems that my eye-sight is going already (I'm only 30) and a larger screen would be much easier to use.

My current laptop was a hand-me-down from dear old Mom; it's several years old and needs some really bad updates.

My husband is a huge tech nerd and has been building computers since the 80s. If it were possible to build a new laptop for me with everything that I want/need, he would. We're looking at Staples or Frys. Staples might have something where you get $100 or save 10% on trading in your old laptop when you purchase a new one; we're not sure yet if they're still doing it. If anything, we'll end up with an HP (I currently have a Toshiba) with and AMD something-or-other. I'm noticing that the average price is about $350-$400, which isn't bad (considering how much laptops were ten years ago).

So... what do you have?

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 6:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Technology

• Best Buy Toshiba Satellite
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I have a Toshiba Satellite, and it has Windows 7, but I don't remember much else about it. I only use it for basic internet stuff like CM and school, though.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I have a MacBook Pro, which I LOVE! You can also run Parallels on it, which allows you to run Windows. I had a Windows laptop before this, and I don't miss it!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Ebay, Acer Aspire pentium DDR2 Vista
    14.2 LCD
    250 gb HDD
    dvd
    I paid @$250 for it and love it so far. It's 3 years old. I've had no problems with it and it does what I need it to do.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Oh, I bought it 3 years ago. Not that I bought it used.
    Jademom07

• I have a Compaq HP and I looove it! Windows 7, bought at Radio Shack in 11/09 for $400, I still consider it top-of-the-line.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 6:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• The best one you can buy is a Dell. Compaq is ok until it breaks and then it breaks hard and you need Compaq parts to fix it and it isn't cheap. My last one was an HP which I would recommend if you can't afford a Dell. My daughter has a Toshiba and it's awesome!
    Anonymous

• Dell 400
    Toshiba way to much
    momand4kids

Answer by momand4kids at 7:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• macbook. :) macbook pro is next.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I have a toshiba satellite with a 17 in screen, i3, 640 gb hd, running windows 7, and I bought it last month for 450 at best buy. The only downside is it has no HDMI output.
    bootsky

Answer by bootsky at 8:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2011