I have a little girl

and I just found out I am having a boy. I am excited but nervous because I know what to do with a girl but I have no clue what to do with a boy. What do you do with baby boys different from baby girls?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nothing. Don't go into gender stereotypes. Your baby is an individual, and shouldn't be limited by their sex. Of course he has a penis which you have to gently wash at bath time, but psychologically, a baby is a baby. Love him.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 6:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Not much diffirent really. Be careful he doesn't pee on you during a diaper change, unlike girls they can aim that thing pretty far! lol He will let you know what things he likes just like your lil girl did as he grows up. They are easier on your wallet and are easier as teenagers usually, but harder to potty train usually also.
    Eko

Answer by Eko at 7:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• The way you care for your DD is the same as you're going to care for your DS. They don't sleep differently, eat differently, poop differently just because one is a girl and the other a boy. One sex isn't more fragile than the other. Boys have a penis, girls have a vagina. Girls wipe front to back, boys wipe around their penis -and each have their own folds with crud in them!
    I have 2 nieces that are 1yr and a day apart. My sis treated them like they were twins, everything the same, and girlie. Little ruffle dresses, dolls, dancing school, you name it. Once they hit 5 and 6 yrs old you could tell that one was a tomboy and the other was a girlie girl. FF 10 yrs and they're the same. My DS is 5. He has been exposed to everything from cars to dragon plushies & pink teddy bears. He loves going to karate then coming home to watch Tangled or Sleeping Beauty. He does arts and crafts. He's rough, tough, and still a kid and Iove him <3
    luvohmommy

Answer by luvohmommy at 7:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• If you cric remember it needs a little extra care. Make sure to get any poo of his sac. I have noticed with my son poo sticks to it and can cause sores very quick. Have a clean diaper unfolded and under him before you take off the old so you can cover him as soon as the dirty one is off. Have a wash cloth, burp rag at the ready every time you change him.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 7:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Point his penis down when you put a new diaper on...that's about it!
    Anonymous

• It's just he diaper changes that are different. If you point the penis up, the tinkle comes out the top of the diaper. Point it down and make sure it's inside the diaper.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 8:53 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• The only thing different would be having to deal with the circumsision, And making sure all the poop is out of his sack and all..And potty training may be a tad bit difficult..That's about it though.
    Proudnewmommy11

Answer by Proudnewmommy11 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Thanks everyone. I have taken care of a lot of children but it's been a long time since I took care of a baby boy.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• i understand what your stay i have always taken care of boy and then i had to change a girl and i just look dumb faced and but when you have your baby boy your mother gut will take over trust me
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2011