PleasE explain this to me!

I have been to peoples houses that DON'T have trash cans in their bathrooms. So what do they do about feminine products (tampon or pad wrappers) or old toilet rolls. I have been on my period and had to change my pad but realized I had no where to throw the used one or wrappers lol. I had to wrap it up with wrapper and toilet paper, put it in my purse, and find a trash can in the kitchen while no one was looking and throw it away. I don't get why they do that. I would love to know how do others deal in this situation hahhaa

It's total gross to do what I did but what choice did I have? And no she or most people I'm talking about weren't menopausal because i know they have their period.

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 7:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• LOL. That's strange. :) We have a discrete little bin with a swing-lid next to the toilet, and I would think it very unusual for someone to not have some sort of bin there.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 7:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• That is strange. Are you sure it wasn't inside the sink cabinet or in a bathroom closet?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I just have a trash can in my upstairs bathroom, since thats the one i use the most. mt female friends know they can use that bathroom if need be. and i have been to peoples house where they dont have trash cans in the bathroom, i just dont change out in there, i make and excuse to go to a local gas station where i know they have trash cans in the bathroom. i dont carry a purse with me so i couldnt pull off hiding it.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Did you look under the sink?
    I only have a trash can in my upstairs bathroom however i dont usually let people use the down stairs bathroom because it is small and I learned the hard way if they bathroom is to small and they are to big I am paying $15.00 for a new toilet seat.
    momand4kids

Answer by momand4kids at 7:43 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I can't see not having a trash can in the bathroom. Even if I wasn't getting my period anymore, there are other things that would need throwing out. I'd rather not bring my snotty tissue, bloody tissue, floss, hair babies (hair off the brush!), cotton balls, those circular make-up remover pads, or toilet paper rolls through the house to get to the kitchen garbage can. That's just silly.

Curious- Was there a newspaper in there?
    luvohmommy

Answer by luvohmommy at 7:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I would imagine that they just wrapped it up and carry it to the kitchen garbage. That is what I would have done if I was faced in that situation. I wouldn't have put it in my purse or anything like that. And who cares if someone saw? it's not like you were holding it for the whole world to see. If it was wrapped up good in tissue it would have been a big deal.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 8:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Maybe because they haven't gotten to that part of the renovation?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I know a friend keeps her trashcan under her sink, but I know I wouldnt' have look there on my own as I would have found it an invasion of privacy.
    My sister keeps hers in the linen closet to prevent her dog from dragging the trash out. Again, she told me but I wouldnt' have looked. Just ask next time.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Our downstairs WC is quite small. There is no trashbin in there. There is no room, really. Just a toilet and a sink. That's our guest facilities, though, unless an overnight guest.

We have a bin in the upstairs bathrooms, where we would have q-tips, hair, products, etc.

Downstairs the WC is only steps from the kitchen, if throwing away trash is needed. Also, we don't throw away TP rolls; we recycle them.

I never really thought about the inconvenience to my guests, though.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I DON'T KNOW WHOS HOUSE YOU WERE AT, BUT I'VE BEEN THERE TOO. I SO DON'T GET IT, I WAS RAISED WITH A TRASH CAN IN EVERY ROOM EVEN THE LIVING ROOM, YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU NEED TO THROW SOMETHING AWAY.
    wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 11:25 AM on Jul. 10, 2011