So, exactly two nights in advance, DH informs me that I need to get small gifts for 7 children at our holiday dinner (Army) on Thursday night. What do I give them????

This is coming out of pocket, so it can't be too much, but I don't want to give them crap either. I know that the parents of these children do NOT allow candy otherwise I'd hook 'em up with some candy canes and chocolates and call it a night :-) Please help!!!!! Thank you.

sgalsmommy

Asked by sgalsmommy at 12:58 AM on Dec. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• art sets, gift cards, sports toys if they like that sort of thing... IDK
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Dollar Store baby!! There is so much stuff for $5 and under. It's the only way I shop for kids I don't really know that well.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 1:01 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Not knowing the ages of these 7 children makes it a challenge to really give ideas but here are a few: Look for small toys, like the simple ones at Walmart or Target. For little girls there are inexpensive soft body/plastic head dolls. For boys, small cars (depending on their age whether its a hot wheel or larger plastic one.) If they are even a bit older than preschool, even card games are nice, like UNO, Go Fish or Memory type card games. But even games like Jacks that are old fashioned can be fun to own since no one every gets these anymore, and are relatively inexpensive. :) Hope this gives you some ideas of your own. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 1:03 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• Yes, sorry ladies, I don't know ages either. But thanks for the help... some great ideas!
    sgalsmommy

Answer by sgalsmommy at 1:23 AM on Dec. 17, 2008