Nannies

I babysit 2 children for a couple. Right now I have them 4 days a week 9 hours a day. Starting in August I am going to have them 3 days a week 14 hours a day. (the mother has to work from out of town for 8 Weeks) They pay me $240-$260 a week right now for the 36 hours. What should the pay be or should I say I am going to charge when the hours go up?

Another thing she has told me the dates she is going to be gone, where she is going to be, the plans for everything but has not said anything about paying more. I HOPE they are going to pay more b/c when I first started working for them she said when she leaves it will include more money. So when/how should I go about asking about pay while she is gone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I hate it when you are supposed to get more money but they don't say anything! I don't have an answer but here's a bump!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Right now your making roughly $7 an hour.
    So if you continue to make the same time 48 hours it would be like $336 a week.
    I would just sit down and explain it to her that way and ask that that is what she pay.
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 8:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• You should of discussed this with them before they raised the hours on you. They have to give you more!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 8:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2011