TMI - Something gross came out of me... adult content

Ok, I am kind of freaking out... I had my baby 6 weeks ago. I stopped the postnatal bleeding about two weeks ago, but I have been having some bloody mucus. I saw my OBGYN yesterday and he said this was not a big deal. He didn't do a vaginal exam, I am scheduled for my Mirena insertion in two weeks, so he said he would do it then. Just a few minutes ago, I was using the restroom and felt what I thought was mucous come from my vagina. When I wiped, there was what looked like a piece of uncooked steak on the toilet paper, about the size of a quarter, and kinda greyish. It is most definitely not a clot, and it is sort of firm. My husband said that I shouldn't worry, but I am a woman, and it is in my nature to worry. Should I call the on call OBGYN and ask them if this is normal? I have had cramping, but nothing terrible, no pain relief needed. Like I said, this is freaking me out.

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 8:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Health

• sounds normal
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 8:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Almost sounds like it might have been part of your uterus lining. I would call and ask to make sure it is nothing more serious.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• That is definitely some after-birth or a hardened clot and you should tell your OBGYN. You might need a D & C.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I didn't experience this, but after some googling it seems that it could be anything across the board. I would call the Dr. just to make sure. Who wants the stress of not knowing, you know?
    luvohmommy

Answer by luvohmommy at 8:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• id save it and bring it to him the next day.. and demand for a exam for any werid things coming out of you they should always check.. i hate it when doctors say dont worry nothing to be worried about but its not their body so its easy to say that crap!
    1_love_2_hearts

Answer by 1_love_2_hearts at 8:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I am started to cramp worse... Ok, I need to call the doctor. This is freaking me out way too much.
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Could it have been a kidney stone?
    DelilahsMom4108

Answer by DelilahsMom4108 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• No, not a kidney stone at all. It was WAY to big, looked like raw meat that had gone bad. It was disgusting. I have a call into my OBGYN. He is going to call me back as soon as he can, he was in a delivery.
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 8:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• It's a clot.  When I had my fibroids I was passing huge clots that looked like chunks of liver.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I talked to my OBGYN. He said that it sounds like a piece of placenta, but that it is extremely late to be passing it. He said that he wants me to have an ultrasound done before I get my IUD put in, just to make sure there is no more in there. He said that if I start bleeding really badly, to go to the ER. This was WAY to hard to be a clot. Clots are gelatinous, and this was firm.
    mistical_me

Comment by mistical_me (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2011