My co-worker didn't know she was 8 months pregnant?

My co-worker is plus size and she works as a CNA nurse at the nursing home I work at as a receptionist and she has been doing the hard work like lifting patients up and moving beds and then the other day she had an "accident" at one of the patient's room that the paramedics were called and rushed her to the hospital. She told us that the doctors said she was pregnant, 8 months along and we was like "you didn't know you were pregnant?" and she said no. She even said she had her monthly period, no morning sickness, didn't feel the baby inside her, her nipples weren't sore and no change in appetite (LUCKY!!!). This reminds me of the show I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant and my co-worker would've been a great candidate of that show. She says her baby is okay and she's gonna have a boy. Has this happened to you?

TashaStar81

Asked by TashaStar81 at 8:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• wow that is crazy
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 8:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I didn't find out until I was 5 months. I thought I was gaining weight, but I didn't get sick, I still had my monthly, no signs what so ever... Until I felt the baby move. Then I went in and sure enough...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I know someone who didn't realize it until she was 6 months pregnant. She was never regular and wasn't sick and just thought she was gaining weight because of stress. At first, she thought the baby moving was gas. Then she couldn't chalk it up to gas. She says in hindsight, she thinks that she was in denial because she didn't WANT to be pregnant as she was only 20, unmarried, her and her boyfriend had broken up and she was still in college.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• After having a child myself I don't now how anyone can say they didn't know they were prego!!! I guess it happens tho but I honestly don't see how!!
    meabellas_mommy

Answer by meabellas_mommy at 9:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Wow some know right awayand others don't until som glad the something happens glad the baby is going to be fine
    lorettalw

Answer by lorettalw at 10:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• yeah it happened to me. i took a test and two weeks later i went into labor and had to have emeregency c section. i was having periods no movement and a lot of stress. it shocked me did not think i could have a baby without medicine to either and my kids are 9 and 11.
    Anonymous

• i was 3mnths when i found out...deff denial!!! i convinced myself i had a period and the weight gain i thought i was going threw a fat stage..i went threw thse when i wasnt in soccer
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 10, 2011