Blue eyes or brown eyes??

I am hoping that my baby come's out with blue eye's.. my whole family has blue eyes and my boyfriend's family all have brown.. he is from nicaragua he's part indian/spanish and I'm white. I've hear that brown eye's dominate over blue but my sister n brother father was green eye's their eye's are blue..so which is which? Is it true that brown eye's dominate over blue? thanks for ur thought's in advance :)

1_love_2_hearts

Asked by 1_love_2_hearts at 8:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes, brown dominates. That doesn't mean it's going to happen though!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Generally speaking brown eyes are the dominant gene. That said, eye color is more complex than many other things (like attached ears), so anything can happen.
    blueberry1

Answer by blueberry1 at 8:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• It is hard to say. It could really go either way. I am African American and Mexican. My husband is Norwegian and Greek(blonde hair and blue eyes) and both our boys have blonde hair and blue eyes.

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 8:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Well, my baby is 3 weeks old now and has bright beautiful blue eyes! I have blue eyes and my husband and his whole family have brown eyes... So I don't think it matters. You just never know
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Your baby will come out with blueish eyes, but they will change colors. I have blue eyes, dh has dark brown. Both kids have blue blue blue eyes.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• It can be any way. My mom has grey blue eyes, my dad has green eyes. My brother has grey blue eyes like my mom and I have green blue eyes. My stepmom has brown eyes but my youngest sister has clear blue eyes. Usually brown is more dominant, then blue, then green. It just depends on the genes that the kids get. Just keep in mind that a baby's eyes can change color up to the age of 2. So just because your baby is born with a certain eye color does not mean they will keep that color. My daughters eyes were a muddy brown when she was born, now they are a mix of brown/green/blue. They are very pretty eyes lol
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I have brown eyes and my husband has blue and our daughter got blue eyes so brown doesn't always dominate!
    meabellas_mommy

Answer by meabellas_mommy at 9:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• my ob told me that blue was dominate over brown i have brown eyes and dh has blue eyes ,both of ours girls have blue eyes.
    vgaines

Answer by vgaines at 1:29 AM on Jul. 10, 2011