Babysitting advice!!

We just had our almost month old baby girl. We have an all day event in Sept. How do I go about finding childcare ? How do I trust someone I don't even know ? Where can I find a babysitter?
Also, where can I find an affordable babysitter?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I recently went to care.com unfortanially, I live in a small town and I knew, one of those people. I was like really, that lady is crazy! But guess, she passed the back-ground test and whatever else.
    My best advice to ask around, word of mouth, someone who's used that babysitter before.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• is there no trusted family members or friends that can watch her? i don't think i'd be comfortable leaving a 1 month old baby with a stranger either.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Well, I just moved here and have no family around or friends I can trust for that matter. She will be 2 and a half months where we will need to leave her
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I'd call ur local dhs and ask about in home daycares and ask where you can find out about there ratings. Most daycares have a drop in program
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 8:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Is it an event you can hire a babysitter for but have her with you? That way you can still see the baby and the babysitter periodically throughout the day. I would have a hard time with that. There are various nanny agencies throughout the country. They are expensive. An all day event like that would cost at least $150, but those nannies are not only background checked, but educated as well. They go way deeper than care.com goes.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 9:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• What about finding a neighbor who has kids? I survived twin infants. Having just one plus my twins and DD to help would be a cakewalk. You might want to see if your church can connect you with someone who can handle a 2.5 month-old for one day. Ours has a ministry that helps moms.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 8:47 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Do you maybe have family you can have watch your daughter? Thats probably the only people i would trust with your baby...There are too many stories about child abuse and neglect at daycares...and that is just scary. If you cant, I would look into a REALLY good daycare, visit there and see what you think of it...If you like it, try it...But make sure its a nice place and everything else. : ) GL!
    Proudnewmommy11

Answer by Proudnewmommy11 at 6:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2011