How to get a job? Any job? After a month of giving birth?

I need a car because mine is being taken away and have no money right now! Was on unemployment and it ran out. How do i make some quick money or get a job to make money really fast? Help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• I would either go to different places and apply, or look online. What is your experience? Do you have any education? I needed a job fast because I was a stay at home mom and was getting divorced, had no college and ended up getting a job for the state and working my way up. I'm not making a HUGE amount but it's like $18 an hour and not too shabby for me. Good Luck!!!!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I didn't finish college :( and I have management experience, in retail. How did you get a job working for the state?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I was thinking in waitressing? But, I've never done it. And do I tell them I have before?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I'll be honest. I lied on my application and said that I had computer experience when in fact, I had never touched a computer. When I got hired I taught myself FAST. I've been there for 12 years now and I work in purchasing where I get to do purchase orders, buy things and pay for things. I love it. I looked up State Jobs on the computer and applied for the low-level positions. They have awesome insurance which is a bonus. Look up temp job agencies in your area and see if your state has a contract with one of those agencies (they should). Then work for the temp agency until you have a little experience under your belt and apply for a state job meanwhile. Once you're in, you are in. Let me know if you have any more questions.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:34 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I mean, if you really want to waitress you can, I'm just thinking if you want a job with benefits and stuff like that.............especially if you have a kid. I look at it like this-I needed a job so I could support my kid so I lied. If you want to waitress, lie. My kid comes first and you know, it got me to where I am. Sometimes too, the State will hire you not on your experience but if they think you are a good fit.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• If you do end up getting a waitressing job, I'd like to give ya a tip or two ;)

First, make sure their glasses are always full. If they are getting to be 1/2 to 1/4, get them a new one. I can't stand it when I'm sitting there with an empty glass, and the waiter/ess takes forever getting back to my table to fill it!

If there's kids, serve the kids first! It bugs me when I get my meal first, and my kids are sitting there w/o anything to eat. I can handle going 5 more mins w/o my food, kids are usually pretty impatient.

OK, that's all I can think of for now :P
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• How about watching kids? There are always people looking for someone to watch their kids and I know I pay my sitter well lol
    gsae

Answer by gsae at 11:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• try to resolve for 2 or 3 months more keep with child before getting your future job
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2011