How do you keep up with all the passwords from online registrations?

Liveyourlifeval

Asked by Liveyourlifeval at 8:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Technology

• I use the same e-mail address/user name for all, so if I get it wrong after two tries, I just click the "forgot password" option and either answer the security question or get it e-mailed to me--and I always use a security question for which there's a definite answer (like mother's maiden name or make/model of first car, etc.). For sites that I use semi-regularly but not regularly enough to keep it fresh (like bills that get paid once a month), I have a password keeper in my phone.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I have an algorithm to create a password so that it is unique for each site, but I can figure it out when I forget.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• My email passwords are the same (i have a yahoo then ISP email)
    My FB is different than everything else but I can remember it easy.
    Then most other sites i try to use the same Username/Password for them all.. But my SN here is different than other sites..

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I use an Excel Spreadsheet to keep it organized; store in hard drive but also use a USB Flash Drive as a back up.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I used to use the same password for all my sites, but I had a hacker get into my computer and do some serious damage. Now I have a better system.
    First, I bought a small address book, the kind where you would record snail mail addresses. When I join a new website, I add that to the address book. I record what email address I used, since email addresses may change over time. I create a good password then, and write that in the address book. I keep the address book in a drawer in my computer desk AT HOME. It never goes out of the house. I do not keep a record on the computer, as computer files can be stolen or corrupted.
    I don't always create a unique password, though. There are too many sites, and too many things to remember! I have a system for creating passwords - like using the first letter of each word in a phrase. So "To Thine Own Self Be True" would be ttosbt. Then I chose a three digit number, and capitalize one letter.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 1:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I use a variation of the same thing
    JHanc968

Answer by JHanc968 at 3:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• i just use my username for that particular site.
    MsSelfDestruct

Answer by MsSelfDestruct at 2:30 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• i try to use a variation on the same one
    san78

Answer by san78 at 9:24 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• same username but some sites i'll change passwords just a little
    B00boo

Answer by B00boo at 9:54 AM on Jul. 11, 2011

• variations of the same thing
    malexander2009

Answer by malexander2009 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2011