22 month old climbing out of crib and potty training

My 22 month old is climbing out of her crib..

Tomorrow I am going out to get her "big girl bedding", and switch her crib over to the toddler/day bed thingy... Its the same thing we did with our son.. However she is MUCH MUCH more hmmm... the word... adamant about being out of bed. My husband said last night her put her back in at least 10 times. now how do we keep her in bed or make her understand that as long as she is IN her bed she can lay there awake or play as long as she is IN her bed she is ok..?

Also I have been trying to get her to use the potty, Do you think with the switch with the bed and the potty training is too much at once or just play it by ear?

I am hoping to have her at least comfortable with the potty by her Birthday (8-22)

What would be some good ways to get her to understand that staying in her bed at night is a must?

TIA

Dork4Fish

Asked by Dork4Fish at 8:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my dd is 17mnths and started crawling out of the crib and we couldnt keep her in so we switched over to the toddler bed things are going ok..she does get up and we point and tell her to get in her bed..if shes has a fit etc we walk with her to her bed get her to lay down and cover her again..and sometimes we do this several times but its getting alot better consistancy seems to be the key for us..good luck and we are about to tackle the potty in about 2wks fingers crossed!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 9:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• bump? anyone please help
    Dork4Fish

Comment by Dork4Fish (original poster) at 12:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2011