Have you stopped flying or stopped flying as much with all the new security?

After my last experience flying with our kids, there is no way I will ever fly again unless I HAVE to.

It seems like following procedure has taken place of common sense. Just ONE example I can think of from my last experience was not allowing my LP to help with anything or even stay with me OR the kids while they pulled me for additional screening. Yes, really enjoyed struggling with a stroller, getting shoes on 2 kids, messing with 2 carry on bags and a purse, putting my computer back in, obviously pregnant, mind you etc.

If they didn't have such insane policies on refunding tickets and we hadn't already checked our baggage, we would have left and driven.

I was so annoyed.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Travel

• No. I figure it is just something that must be endured for the safety of everyone flying.
    maggiebgood

Answer by maggiebgood at 9:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• No, it's for our safety.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• If I were flying alone, I would be much more tolerant of it. And I agree it is for our safety, but I am not forced to pay $1800 to fly our family somewhere and hate every minute of it. We will definitely be driving most places.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Some security procedures are insane indeed! What can a pregnant woman and her little children represent for our National Security? Why do security personnel waste time and resources screening the less obvious suspects?
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 10:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I get the need for randomness...what I don't get is how they were willing to watch me struggle, telling me to "clear the line...step this way...maam...step this way" the whole time and refused to help me OR let anyone else help me. So turned off to flying.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Security doesn't bother me.. its how much a round trip plane ticket has gone up in price even over the past year..ok I know gas prices keep going up but I've always been able to find an airline to get me some kinda deal..not this year..looks like I'm going to be paying more than twice the amt I paid last year for two round trip plane tickets
    devsmom98

Answer by devsmom98 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Yuck! I know! And the fact we pay to check bags in most airlines now stinks.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Not really, they need to do what they need to do
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• SO far so good. I have flown 4 times since last fall and never had a problem. Nobody "patted me down" . It was really easy.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:38 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• we are flying in October,this will be interesting,we have a special needs son who needs constant supervision or he will run. I can see him melting down in line. Flying is not my choice,DS was granted a wish Thru Make A Wish,
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 11:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2011