Scared out of my mind ...am i still pregnant ??? :-/

so i had started feeling small twinge like movements in my belly a week ago and then i started feeling like i was being poked in my back from the inside ..so i went to a doc and i got a negative test but then my dr used the heartbeat doppler thing lol and found a heart beat she then did an ultra sound and since she couldnt do a u/s that day she told me to go to planned parenthood to figure out how far i was ..i went today and they did a pg test and it came back neg :( so they wouldnt do a u/s they said the baby might have died and thats y it was a neg test :( they refeused to do the dopple but the nurse did a pelvic exam and she said my uterus felt englarge and my cervix felt slightly abnormal so she said i have pid and gave me 2 scripts for antbiotics..should i take them ....now that i got home i ate dinner with my daughter and i layed on my tummy and i elt what i think is the baby going bonkers for about 10 min then it stopped ..i was feeling pokes towards my back and little pains throughout my tummy..id be about 16-18 weeks along ...so my question is ...do you think i am just imiagning the baby moving or could the test have been a false negative also is it possible to feel kicks and jabs towards your lower back ...i am so scared and i cant get in with my doc for another 2 weeks ..i really just need some piece of mind

jasmineb614

Asked by jasmineb614 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Go to the hospital and get checked? You are defiantly far enough along that it could be kicks and if she heard a heart beat I would defiantly want someone to do an ultrasound on me. Stick with your gut and if it says there is a baby in there don't take anything that might harm it until you know for sure. Good Luck!
    meabellas_mommy

Answer by meabellas_mommy at 9:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• i would go to the ER and make them do an u/s. a lot of people have negative pregnancy tests that turn out to be false (ever seen that show "i didn't know i was pregnant"??)
    Angelgirl25

Answer by Angelgirl25 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• If you heard a heartbeat I'd go to the Dr. No planned parenthood. Don't take the meds till you know.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• i agree go to the ER and make them give you a U/S
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 9:41 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I'd just try to relax. Assume that there might be a baby there, and don't do anything that might harm him or her, and as soon as you can, get yourself to a doctor or hospital to confirm with an u/s.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Yes don't take anything because it could harm the baby of you heard a heart neat go back to the doctor don't wait good luck
    lorettalw

Answer by lorettalw at 9:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• i no longer believe in the validity of a home pregnancy test seeing how i took two and they came back neg and am currently 32 weeks preggo. if there was a heart beat you can go to the er and say that something is wrong and they will do an ultrasound. oh and about the home pregnancy test comment it also goes for the pee tests they make you take at he docs and planned parent hoood. nothing beats a good old fashioned blood screening. but if you heard a heart beat then i would get it checked out. pid untreated can be dangerous and so can taking meds if you think yur preggos:)
    4g4b

Answer by 4g4b at 10:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I would go to the ER and explain to them how you are feeling. They should do an U/S so that you will know for sure what is going on. At least then you would know for sure especially since you heard a heartbeat. DO NOT take any meds unless you know for sure that they are safe.
    gmdani3009

Answer by gmdani3009 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2011