Organic?

Do you feed your children primarily organic food?

blueberry1

Asked by blueberry1 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• Ms.Gwen - it costs more for organics because it's cheaper to put chemicals on and let them do their thing. Organic foods have to be cared for by hand - weeded by hand rather than weed killer sprayed, de-bugged by hand rather than bug killer sprayed, etc - it's a lot more physical work to grow organic stuff. Which really sucks, and is why we grow so much of our own too!
    Anonymous

• Nope. I DO grow a huge garden, organically, and the farmers market I go to just happens to be all organic, so the majority of the produce we eat in the summer/fall (plus whatever I can/freeze for the winter & following spring) is organic. We also eat mostly organic meat - buy whole animals from farmers who raise organically and have processed to our specifications - that's actually always been cheaper than buying regular meat at the grocery store. But beyond that...nope. Doesn't help the craze hasn't hit this area much yet so there's very limited organic stuff available.
    Anonymous

• No
    cowboysgirl3227

Answer by cowboysgirl3227 at 9:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I wish! We eat organic eggs, milk, meat, some fruits, and some veggies. I don't know but once you start eating organic eggs you can't go back the conventional ones. I don't know why. :)
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I can't afford organic or I would eat organic fruits, veggies, free-range chicken and beef.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• No, but i do buy certain organic foods plus i grow a lot of vegetables.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• No, it's hard to find organic food around here, anyway. Only two stores around here sell organic products, and they've only recently started doing it, so the selection is VERY limited.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:15 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• No. We grow veggies and fruit at home and thats organic, but when youve got 7 mouths to feed and 1 paycheck to do it on 'organics' goes out the window! i will never understand why it costs more to put less in it????
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 10:35 AM on Jul. 10, 2011