Do you think we should choose where our tax money goes?

Would it be a good idea for all of us to pick, on out tax forms, where our tax money should go and what it should be used for.
Such as
-Public schools
-public assistance
- foreign aid
-police/fire depts
- national disaster aid
- jail upkeep
-highway/road construction/clean up
- federal and state workers
- national guard, navy, the marines, etc
- security for public officials
- government housing
- space research
- FDA
and all that apply

what do you think??

leksismommy

Asked by leksismommy at 9:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Money & Work

• No. It would only cause more problems, having that many decision-makers who aren't communicating with each other.

Besides which, I know someone whose job required her at one point to compile survey results from people regarding where they thought their tax dollars were going to waste, and all of the top answers were less than 5%, combined, of the allotted budget to begin with, so getting rid of them wouldn't do as much good as people think.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Yes, but it will never happen because many will complain that is the rich telling the poor what to do!
    blueberry1

Answer by blueberry1 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• As long as the members of my family are able to keep a job. We don't really care where our taxes go. We are happy to know that we have job security and retirement plans. Our politicians are in charged. Didn't we elect them for the job?
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 9:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I wish we could. My kids will never go to a public school so I wish my tax money could go to the private school they will go to. But that will never happen
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 11:07 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• That would open a whole new can of worms ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2011

• No I don't think we should be choosing where our tax money goes because I feel then things would be too bias and money wouldn't be equally distributed which it really isn't now but what I'm saying is things would be worse. For example i never support the jail system but recently my nephew hes just in high school got sent to prison for 18 years because his friends robbed some people and he was left in the car so he didn't rob anyone but he was an accessory and California laws are strict and even though he shouldn't have been hanging with a bad crowd i feel he didn't deserve what he got so to me its all about the way you look at things.Some people don't believe in paying for public schools and some kids are poor and there only meal comes from them going to school but a more well off person may not see it that way so all I'm saying is I'm just grateful to have my knowledge and business and taxes are mandatory so i wont complain!
    beauti_ful

Answer by beauti_ful at 3:08 AM on Jul. 14, 2011