Nauseous before labor?

the past few hours i have felt very nauseous and crampy/constipated. I am 39wks 2 days. is this normal before labor? I don't think they are contractions because it is a constant cramping not coming and going. I'm just so afraid I won't know when labor is here. everyone says "you will definitley know" so i don't think this is it lol I have just felt strange all day...

gummy714

Asked by gummy714 at 9:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You certainly could go into labor at any time from this point, and nausea could be a sign, although your digestive system is so messed up at this point, with Baby squeezing in all the wrong places, so it could just be that you are very very pregnant. You will know when you go into labor, that's very true. The regular contractions are impossible to mistake for anything else and you will hopefully have several hours of contractions at least before Baby is born, so there's plenty of time then to get to the hospital etc, even if you mistake the first few contractions for something else (and that's very unlikely).
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:49 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• The "feeling strange all day" may be a more likely sign than nausea, that labor is imminent. Your body has a way of communicating with you. :)
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:50 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Sometimes labor starts with contractions that remind you of menstrual cramps. Sometimes, the beginning of labor starts with strong contractions. Braxton Hicks contractions start in the front and wrap around to the back. The actual labor contractions start in the lower back and wrap around to your belly. It is normal to feel nausea during labor and maybe vomit.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• It is very likely that you will go into full labor soon. This might just be your body's way of preparing you for the event. It is not uncommon to become nauseous and even throw up during active labor. It all really just depends on how your body handles labor and delivery.
    gmdani3009

Answer by gmdani3009 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I'll be 39 weeks on Tuesday and I've been feeling cramps for over a week now. I started to feel nauseous 2 days ago and yesterday I just didnt feel right. I felt strange. And yet nothing has happened. It could just be the baby pressing down or your preparing for labor. You could still have another 2 and half weeks to go. I really hope not because it sucks going over due day. So good luck and hopefully its a sign that you'll have your LO soon. Also dont worry about missing labor. You wont. I was so worried too when I was pregnant with my daughter that I would miss it completely.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 12:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2011