Is it bad i dont want her in the Delivery Room? Kinda long sorry!

K my aunt was there for my first 2 boys, my oldest because i didn't have anyone to support me and my second because i didn't want to hurt her feelings, Well i am having my first girl in october and have a lot of people that want to be in there inculding my mom, my S/O mom and my sis n law, my aunt wants to be in there but last time she was in the delivery room all she did was sit there, and eat and pretty much do nothing but be in the way, I really want my sister in the room, she wasn't able to be there the first 2 times she was in foster care and now that she is out it would be an honor to have her there also because she is going to school for L&D Nurse, what would you guys do and how would you handle this situation???

zackarysmommy

Asked by zackarysmommy at 9:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• just tell her she isn't going to be there
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 10:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Just tell her no. Plain and simple.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Bump!
    Ktbugsmom22

Answer by Ktbugsmom22 at 10:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• but im not a mean person, :( when i hurt people's feelings it makes me feel bad
    zackarysmommy

Comment by zackarysmommy (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• How is it mean to be self honoring? if you live your life trying not to hurt people's feelings you are gonna end up, tired, confused, resentful and feeling like a doormat. It's about you, not her.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• You invite in who you want to invite in. When you go in, you tell the nurses who is allowed in the room and who isn't. That way you don't have to be mean, it's up to them - it's part of their job. Also, when you do go into labor and go to the hospital, don't call everyone - just call the people who will be in the room with you and the rest can be called after with your "baby's here" announcement.
    Anonymous

• Anon! Nice!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I would make it about your sister and her education. Take it off her, and if it helps to bring up hospital limitations in the delivery room, I would do that too.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:10 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I had the same problem with my MIL, eventually I just sucked it up and let her be in there because I knew she would make a huge deal about it and disown us.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Hmm maybe let her be there for a little bit not the entire time. Say come by and visit, let her know that so many other people would like to visit you as well.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 10:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2011