Do you agree?

Do you think that if the law was tougher on individuals who abuse, rape, kill children that horrible things wouldn't happen to them so often?

That if the law was an eye for an eye that things would be better?
If there were still public hangings? or firing squads?

I personally don't think that jail time sometimes fits the crime. Having 3 meals a day and no real responsibilities doesn't equal a fitting punishment for someone who tortured a child. Does it?

If the law/punishment was up to you, what would you change?

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• The death penalty is not used often or swiftly enough.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I think the punishment for child abusers/rapists is WAY too leinient. I don't think having tougher laws would deter them, but there should be tougher laws.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I agree. I dont know about public hangings & fireing squads ... but definatly the death penalty. like casey anthony, should have definatly gotten the death penalty .. it would be even better if we could kill her with duct tape and stick her in a garbage bag, so yes i agree.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I agree with the death penalty. There are just some crimes so hideous that nothing but tortured to death is good enough for the jerk. Since we don't do that, death is fine with me in whatever way they choose to do it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• yes the law needs to be ALOT more strick. But when a sexual predator get convicted of this crime, especially child killers/molesters, they have to be seperated from the general population otherwise they WILL get murdered. It has been known by some that the correctional officers let be known if a child killer is in the mist and "accidently" looks away whule the killer is being taught a few things his victims been thru. So in a since, they are getting the death penalty. My bio-dad worked in one of our local medium security prison for 16 yrs and he has confessed he and a few others have let it be leaked to the general population that a child killer is here. There was one murder (molester) that got the shit beat out of him (literally) cause of he did to 42 children 16 yrs ago. He was found more or less beheaded in his cell.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

Answer by Carpy
    THIS ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ and THIS ▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
    I agree with the death penalty. There are just some crimes so hideous that nothing but tortured to death is good enough for the jerk. Since we don't do that, death is fine with me in whatever way they choose to do it.

Answer by itsmesteph11
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 8:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• The threat of the death penalty doesn't deter anyone who is mentally deranged and most violent people are mentally deranged. It really doesn't matter...they commit the violent crimes anyway.
    The Law can be STRICT and enforce the death penalty but....the crimes continue.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• The death penalty doesn't have any deterrent value..look up states that have it vs states that dont....its not a factor.

People that hurt children I dont think would be deterred, they are usually compulsive and mentally ill...they should lock them up forever

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2011