My DS spits up every time he eats

and it's a lot. I can't get him to burp (and before last week he would like... belch like a grown up) and he's having really bad gas, gas drops only make him scream bloody murder. He's spit up after every feeding today, this last time he soaked his clothes there was so much while he was sleeping and he's having trouble sleeping, only getting little naps in, because his stomach hurts so bad. He's not crying all the time so I don't think that it's colic but I don't know what else it could be or what to do for him! Help!!

b.inwonderland

Asked by b.inwonderland at 10:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old?
    what does the doctor say?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• 2 months old
    we go to the doctor Monday.
    b.inwonderland

Comment by b.inwonderland (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Acid reflux maybe? Call your pedi first thing Monday morning.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 10:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• we're going Monday to talk to the pediatrician and hopefully he'll be able to tell us something. I was just hoping it'd be something simple like it was with his eyes, and that maybe one of you moms went through this with one of your kids?
    b.inwonderland

Comment by b.inwonderland (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Sounds like acid reflux,might have to change his formula or be put on zantac
    Chelhaidax

Answer by Chelhaidax at 12:00 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• he may have reflux i would deff take him to the doctors it may also be his formula he may need a soy
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 12:08 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Your dr will probably say acid reflux...my son spit up a lot too. He had colic though
    SJSMOMMA

Answer by SJSMOMMA at 2:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• he's not on formula, he breast feeds.
    b.inwonderland

Comment by b.inwonderland (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• I would say he's allergic to his formula, because that is how my DD acted and we went through 7 different formulas before we found one she could tolerate. When she was a year old and I gave her milk, I had to dilute it 1 part milk to 3 parts water, then 1/2 and 1/2 then 3 parts milk and 1 part water. It took 2 years before she could drink undiluted milk. I don't know though since you are breastfeeding unless he is lactose intolerant in which case you will have to find a lactose free formula, your pediatrician is the best one to talk to though. Good Luck
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 12:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2011