Has anyone ever taken Chantix?

If yes,

What was it like? How did it effect you? And was it successful?

JaniceMc27

Asked by JaniceMc27 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Health

• My inlaws both tried it, and so did their sister. They still continue to smoke a year later. They said it gave them really weird dreams.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I personally have not tired it, but I had a friend who was given this. She had already had about 4 mild heart attacks(before being prescribed) She had been on it for a week, and she suffered a major heart attack and passed away. I'm not sure if the chantix had anything to do with it, but I honestly have not heard anything positive about it all. I would certainly look at the risk involved and take it from there...best of luck.

justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• justalady, the Chantix may have had something to do with it. I think people are having issues with their heart after being on it. Here's a link for you to look at and see if her family would find it helpful....

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2011/07/another-study-links-chantix-to-heart-attack-risk.html

I did take Chantix and it worked for a while.  The only side effect I had was nausea if I didn't eat.  I am back to smoking.  Good luck.

TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• .06% among Chantix users, 0.82% among those given a placebo
    JaniceMc27

Comment by JaniceMc27 (original poster) at 8:20 AM on Jul. 18, 2011