My 4 year old is peeing her self

She has done it 4 days in a row. I don't know what to do. Can any one please help me. And I was wondering if it could be because I have a 9moth old daughter to. Any help would be appreciated.

cat708

Asked by cat708 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• She's either pissed at how much time you are spending with the baby OR she's got a medical reason such as a bladder infection.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• At 4, she should not be regressing because of the baby, it's most likely and infection, or she is worried about something. Has anything happened recently that may have disturbed/scared her?
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 6:58 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• You need to rule out a UTI. It's fairly common for a child to regress with potty training with the birth of a sibling. You need to start with having her pee tested for an infection. She should be able to go 2 hours between bathroom breaks. If she is going sooner than that it's most likely an infection. If she is waiting longer and having accidents, set a timer and have her try to go every 90 - 120 minutes.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:20 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• Thank you all for the information.

cat708

Comment by cat708 (original poster) at 10:13 AM on Jul. 10, 2011

• My daughter is 4 and we are expecting a baby here in 9 days. My daughter has started to act like a baby again. She'll pretend cry, put a blanket around her like a diaper and say she is a baby and what not. A few weeks ago she went in her room and peed herself. When I asked her why she said because she was a baby, so I told her that if she does it again I'll take her to the store in her wet clothes and let everyone see that she wets herself. Last week she said she had to go potty so I said go to the bathroom. She went in her room, closed the door and peed on her floor. So I told her that I was gonna make her wear diapers and when she starts school everyone will make fun of her. I know it sounds mean but I will not tolerate it. She's been potty trained for over 2 years and never has accidents. I suggest talking to your daughter and see why she is doing it. She could be scared of something, or infection or the baby.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2011

• it may be a bladder infection or a UTI or she may be just upset with how much time you are spending with the baby make some one on one time with just you and her and talk to her about what is going on
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:00 AM on Jul. 11, 2011