He keeps pushing it back - - - How do I convince him

DH and I have been married for 2 yrs now, he has a 5 yr old DD from his last relationship who I have taken in and cared for as my own since she was 1 yr old and while I love her to death I desperately want a child of MY OWN with him. I have told him this from day one (well after our marriage) at one point he would not even talk about having kids then he said we could start not not trying in Jan 2012 but now that Jan 2012 is only 5ish months away he is saying maybe we should wait until March or April 2012. I feel like he is satisfied with the family we have and his experience with his daughter and his ex has influenced how he is acting now about having more kids. I also feel like he maybe isn't as excited because he already experienced that "IM A NEW DADDY!" feeling and so it isn't that special moment. I have told him how I feel but he says none of that is true, however I know when someone says "aww you think he's cute" the response of "NO I DON'T" really means you're really crazy about "him" sooo I don't think he is telling the truth. Has anyone been here? What do I say or do? I am not the type to just lie to him and be like oh yeah I took my BC lets go have unprotected sex we wont get pregnant *WINK WINK* I want it to be consentual (SP) but I dont know when or if that will ever happen

NessGuinness

Asked by NessGuinness at 10:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Don't worry, he will come around... Let him know that's what you want and there is no backing down.
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 10:21 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Express your feelings again, and your wanting to be a mother to your own child. And I agree with Helen, he will come around.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• I agree with both post but maybe he is finished and he is happy with one but he'll change mind allem want sons and hopefully you'll give him one
    lorettalw

Answer by lorettalw at 11:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• Are you both stable with money? How is he as a father? What kind of relationship does he have with the mother of his child? These are some serious questions you need to ask yourself, perhaps even counseling might help, but if you feel that strong about having a child of your own and he dosen;t seem to really care , maybe it;s time to rethink your future with him, it;s not fair to you to be a mother to his child and not grant you one of your own, keep us posted
    MAFIAMAMI

Answer by MAFIAMAMI at 11:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• You need to be really honest with him and explain to him how important it is for you to be a first time mommy. You came in when his daughter was really little but you missed alot of the first still. Just dont back down keep talking about it.
    gsae

Answer by gsae at 11:42 PM on Jul. 9, 2011

• make a real plan to convince him ...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2011